Friday, August 7, 2009

My great-uncle discovered the wreck of the Titanic in 1934...

I think it's high time to clear up a few misconceptions that have long been held. I have had it UP TO MY GILLS with the whole human-centric writing of history!!!!!!! Everywhere you go, it's "Robert Ballard discovered the wreck of the Titanic. Isn't he great? Look at all the money he's going to make! Ain't it swell?"
No, IT ISN'T!!!! You know who else was down there when Mr. Ballard finally got there? FISH! Yeah, that's right. So HOW THE HELL CAN HE DISCOVER A PLACE, WHEN SOMEONE WAS ALREADY THERE!? HUH?

To say I am angry about this is an understatement. My great-uncle would be rolling over in his grave, if he had one (he got injured by a propeller, and the rest of the family ate him - Rest in Peace, Uncle Bob!) at how his contribution to society has been overlooked and denied for YEARS!

Here is the FIRST known photograph of the wreck of the Titanic. There is my Uncle Bob in the picture, as well.

It's time we right this injustice. Not just for me, but for my Uncle Bob and all of Shark-kind.

My Uncle Bob, at the Titanic, circa 1934

No comments:

Post a Comment